Besides flooding and hurricanes, there are other hazards businesses and property owners need to be aware of. One of these is sinkholes, also known as subsidence. If you witness sinkholes that occur in City streets or rights-of-way, please contact the Public Works Department, at 305-622-8004.


Sinkholes can be a hazard for traffic and residents. If you witness sinkholes on private property, please note it is usually the property owner's responsibility to fix. The City can, however, try to advise residents or business owners with options they can use to resolve the issue. Please call 305-622-8004 to get help with available options.