The goal of the Miami Gardens Weatherization Assistance Program is to reduce energy costs for low income families, particularly the elderly, disabled and those with children under age twelve (12), by improving the energy efficiency of their homes while ensuring their health and safety.
The total household income may not be more than 120% above the national poverty level. Preference is given to eligible residents fifty-five (55) years and older or physically disabled residents, families with children under 12 and households with a high energy burden (repeated high utility bills).
Types of Assistance
- Address air infiltration with weather stripping, caulking, thresholds, window and primary door replacement
- Install attic ventilation
- Install solar screens
- Repair or replace inefficient heating and cooling units
- Repair or replace water heaters
- Repair and replacement of roofs
To qualify for assistance applicant(s) must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Applicant(s) must own and occupy subject property within the City limits
- Property must be the applicant/s primary residence and homesteaded
- Applicant(s) must have lived in the primary residence for a minimum of 3 years
- Be current on all existing mortgage(s) and tax assessments
- Have an annual household income, which does not exceed 120% of the Area Median Income.
- Applicant must be willing to carry homeowner's insurance on the property.
NOTE: This program is provided through a second mortgage. Details of this will be provided through the application process.
Median Income Per Household Size
|1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People||6 People||7 People||8 People|
This program will accept applications August 31, 2022-October 5, 2022. See below for link to application.
For status of your active application, email us at: email@example.com
Alternatively, follow the link for information on how to apply with Miami-Dade County's Weatherization Program.